How many of you selling A900/A850 for A99 ?

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
GrJohnso
Contributing MemberPosts: 533
Like?
Not me, yet...
In reply to tex, Oct 10, 2012

For what I do, the a900 is just fine. Available light landscape raw shooting. Occasional sports shooting as well. Neither for a living, yet. I don't currently need HD video, or really find myself wanting it very often. If I do, I just use my GoPro. Yah, that's how serious my video use is.

Sure, I'd like the improved ISO sensitivity, but I don't NEED it. Honestly, so far having to be more aware of these limits has helped me improve my photography in other ways most of the time. Trying to shoot indoor volleyball in a poorly lit gym without flash is generally a no go, but this allows me to actually sit back and enjoy the games more.

Improved AF would be nice, but not sure how much of an improvement is there yet. Looking forward to finding out though...

Anyway, it's a good looking new camera, but I just don't need it. Like some of the others around here, I'll be waiting to see what the next FF camera brings to the table. Then ask me again...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow