Started Oct 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
offtraildog
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
EVF worth the money
Oct 10, 2012

When i got my 5n, one reason was for the compact size and that I was used to shooting using a screen.  On a recent photo shoot of autumn leaves, I thought the white balance was messed-up but it turned out because I had the LCD set to Sun, the "live View" colors were way off from what the camera was actually capturing.

Fortunately the EVF price has dropped to $257 so I bought one and tried it out today.

Big difference on ease of shooting, using manual focus, seeing aperture adjustments in sunlight, etc.

If you have been hesitating, I would encourage you to buy one.  Big improvement in usability and better accuracy of Live View.

5N does not look as streamlined and no longer fits my Kata MarvelX20 case but I am more concerned with how my pictures look, not my camera, and I was thinking of getting a thinktank holster case anyhow.

offtraildog's gear list:offtraildog's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow