Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
nekrosoft13
Regular MemberPosts: 335Gear list
Like?
Re: Opinions on this?
In reply to Jim Cockfield, Oct 10, 2012

Jim Cockfield wrote:

That sounds about right.

When I configure a similar system at cyberpower with the same case, MB, 32GB of memory, HD 7570 video card with 64 Bit Win 7 Pro (only using Liquid Cooling with an Intel 240GB SSD instead of the Crucial), with a faster 7200rpm 2TB drive for the data, and a faster Core i7 3770K (only the K models can be overclocked) it comes out to $1529

You could downgrade the CPU to a Core i5 3570K for a deduct, which would bring it back down to around $1400 that way. So, the price for the system you're looking at sounds about right compared to this config I just saved with a faster CPU.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1EGW9V

-- hide signature --

JimC

if you know how to build a PC, you will always end up with better machine if you do it yourself. this way you know the ins and out of your rig.

plus you will end up with better warranty, per each component and longer warranty period on most components.

nekrosoft13's gear list:nekrosoft13's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow