photo editing software without an internet connection?

Started Oct 10, 2012 | Questions thread
nekrosoft13
Regular MemberPosts: 340Gear list
Like?
Re: photo editing software without an internet connection?
In reply to CO Bear, Oct 10, 2012

CO Bear wrote:

Is there any photo editing software that does NOT require an internet connection to install and run?  I don't need on-line tutorials.  I'm trying to install PSP X5 Ultimate and I keep getting an error message that tells me I need an internet connection.  Corel tech support is working on the problem--I should be getting a phone-in registration message but I'm not.

I don't want my photo editing PC subjected to viruses and/or "root kits" so I keep it off-line.  Yes I'm on Windows--XP with SP3 installed.

Does Capture NX 2 need an internet connection to install and run?  When I use "Ask Nikon" I get a response that's a link to the demo software which I doubt would be as secure as the retail version.

How about Lightroom?  Does it require the internet?

I know software piracy is an issue but I want to keep my PC and the 8 years of photos virus-free.

wow, stop watching apple commercials

Internet is not that scary of place, viruses don't just enter your pc

nekrosoft13's gear list:nekrosoft13's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow