Olympus OMD E5 all that?

Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
TrapperJohn
Forum ProPosts: 10,553
Like?
Same experience here...
In reply to 007peter, Oct 10, 2012

I've always viewed body upgrades as a minor improvement. A bit better resolution, maybe AF is a bit quicker... but there wasn't much I could do with the new body that I couldn't also do with the old.

It was lens upgrades that really made the difference. Bought a UWA, a whole new compositional model. Fast portrait... zowie, look at that sharpness and the smooth bokeh. Supertele... wow, amazing shots and a real workout every time I use it... heavy mother.

Until I got the EM5. It was a major step up over previous bodies, especially in DR and PP headroom. I can pull details out now that normally would get buried in banding or noise. The new IS means I can shoot long tele far slower than I could in the past. This is the first time in ten years of using serious digital cameras that I've been really impressed with a body upgrade.

Sweet little thing to hold, too, a jewel like quality to it. That shouldn't matter, but it does.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow