Started Oct 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MartinFree
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Upgrade from 450D
Oct 10, 2012

Hello, First post here so please be gentle with me.

Currently own a 450D but wish to upgrade to a camera where picture quality will be perceivably higher. I have the following lenses:

kit 18-55, 55-250, Canon 10-22

I like to shoot landscapes and macro and my 7 year-old son (scowls and all). All my pictures either end up as standard 10cms by 15cms prints or in a photobook.

My question is this: Will I (coming from the 450D) notice a big enough improvement in picture quality moving up to a 7D or will the difference be much bigger (better) upgrading to a 5D mkII?

I am aware I will lose the reach of the lens going FF but anticipate buying new lenses to complete the upgrade. I have been thinking about the Canon 16-35 which basically is my 10-22 in FF. However, I am a bit unclear which of the larger telephotos to purchase. I am wavering between the EF 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 L IS USM or the EF 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS but wonder if there is a great difference in picture quality?

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

Canon EOS 450D (EOS Rebel XSi / EOS Kiss X2) Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow