abluesky
Regular MemberPosts: 263Gear list
Like?
Re: Photos, Feedback, Critique
In reply to Andrewteee, Oct 10, 2012

Andrewteee wrote:

abluesky wrote:

Andrewteee wrote:

#3 is the strongest image. Ghosts in the night.

When presenting photos like this I would use a consistent style. I think the B&W images work best. I don't really like the over-processed look of some of the color images.

Got it - consistent style for presentation, avoid over processing.

Question:  processing was in camera.  Only slight adjustments made in Aperture.  Are you suggesting avoiding in camera processing as well?

Thanks for your time and feedback!

That's up to you. Regardless of what I or others say it's up to you what you like. Be true to yourself. I tend to avoid JPGs in cameras and I shoot RAW to post process, either minimally or extensively. I prefer B&W, but like color at times too. Shooting RAW gives me a more durable file to work with.

If you like the effects that some of your images have then post processing a RAW (or even JPG file) to those guidelines gives you more latitude to control the various aspects of the image. Handling that processing in-camera removes the ability for you to do something different with the image.

Regarding the consistent style, also look for patterns in a set of pictures from an outing. For example, if several have the ghostly forms seen in #3 then that could be your theme for the set.

Thank you, Andrew.  Already, your feedback has inspired some new ideas in me.

abluesky's gear list:abluesky's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-01
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow