Following The Rules....a Last Place Finish

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jan2009
Regular MemberPosts: 461Gear list
Like?
Re: Following The Rules....a Last Place Finish
In reply to Joshua123, Oct 10, 2012

Joshua,

It is almost an achievement to be at the latter part of the challenge Do not take it seriously.

I will be flat out in my reply, your image while it follows the rule does not bring me anything significant or impacting or interesting. Ok I didn't know that such a coin exist and I only knew of route 66 from my sons "cars movie", maybe its a different route as well most score I would have given you is 2.5, on a good day.

Do remember that most of voters here are also learners, if an images gives the voter the thought of "Hey why didn't I think of that", thus they complement you of a good score, that is how I look at entries.

As for the winning image... hmm, I honestly don't know if its a cut and paste job (don't torture me for the ignorance, I don't have photoshop), I know of a feature in photomatix that will highlight a certain area and you can change the exposure,  but seeing it in fullscreen  zoomed mode, showed really bad unfinished retouching. The essence of the image is there, the entrant could have clean it up a bit.

br,

Norberto

Jan2009's gear list:Jan2009's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow