Started Oct 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gharleydude
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Which pro camera is best for me to buy?
Oct 10, 2012

Hello people, I am in need of some serious advice from those of you who will forget more about cameras and photography than some will ever remember. I am 61 years old, do not work, rather am on SSI, and yet, am planning to start up a photography business. I have a fairly significant background in photography, albeit, it was when film was used as opposed to digital. My focus will be on bikers and their bikes, portraiture of individuals and or models, some glamour shots, and perhaps even some product photo shots if the opportunity presents itself. But, it all begins with the camera first, and oh what do I buy? I have a budget of right around $4,500.00; this budget is for three fast sharp lenses, a flash, quantum turbo battery pack, and last but not the least of which, a Blazzo 750 w studio flash lighting kit. As far as the camera body is concerned, I am thinking Canon EOS 7D. I have been told I should forget about this particular model, as it is four years old, and, is not a true thirty five mm, such as the EOS 5D Mark II, or perhaps the EOS 1Ds is. Albeit, that is an older model too. So what is a fella to do... I want a professional unit that will last me for a long time to come. This is a one time shot for me at acquiring this equipment and I can ill afford to make a mistake. I would very much appreciate your wisdom and or professional insights on this matter. Thank you for your time and patience in attempting to communicate my question to you.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow