Started Oct 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gordon Ripley
Contributing MemberPosts: 501Gear list
Like?
What's up with this?
Oct 10, 2012

This past week I was up in the Whjite Mts of New Hamphire on a fall foliage photography trip when a beautiful sunset began.  I pulled off the road to take pics with my D3s.  I just couldn't capture the wonderful pink sky clouds & colors.  My pics were washed out.  I tried a lot of things but nothing worked.  There were two others with me and one of them was getting terrific sky color.  She said "Put it in Shutter priority"!  I could not fathom what difference that would make but desperate I tried it.  WOW.   All of a sudden my sky color showed beautiful pinks!  I don't get it!!!  Please tell me WHY being in shutter spped priority would make a difference?  All I can think of is that the exposure might have been longer?

I have not had a chance to examine the "before & after" images to see the difference in settings because my computer has gone south on me.  Maybe by tomorrow night it will be fixed and I can do a little research.  Anyone want to offer an opinion?

Gordon

Gordon Ripley's gear list:Gordon Ripley's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Nikon D3S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow