Hands-On Sony NEX-6 & 16-50mm OSS images & other E-Mount Lens

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ennemkay
Senior MemberPosts: 1,285Gear list
Like?
Re: Hands-On Sony NEX-6 & 16-50mm OSS images & other E-Mount Lens
In reply to TKPRIMES, Oct 10, 2012

TKPRIMES wrote:

a 15min video clip is not sufficient enough to confirm any improvements in the overheating department.  The other nex cameras would sometimes make it to 29min clips without overheating.

The problem lies when trying to record consecutive 29min clips one after the other.  The Nex7 and Nex5n both make it to the 29min clip without overheating (Warning comes on around 11min however).  However neither of these cameras can record another 29min clip consecutively without overheating well before the 15min mark.

To test this issue i would assume you would need to shoot video with the NEX-6 for well over an hour with multiple consecutive recordings to diagnose any improvements.

do these cameras overheat at lower resolutions. high video resolution places a load on the camera both in terms of disk i/o (though disk i/o to an sd card probably doesn't create a lot of heat) and cpu. so i wonder if the overheating problem is reduced if you shoot at 720p.

ennemkay's gear list:ennemkay's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Canon PowerShot S95 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow