Help in opening D800 raw files with CS5!

Started Oct 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
engbert
Senior MemberPosts: 2,410Gear list
Like?
Re: Help in opening D800 raw files with CS5!
In reply to robert Huang, Oct 10, 2012

robert Huang wrote:

I have updated my CS5 raw plug-in to the latest, and did not have any problem opening the raw files downloaded from my D800 to my iMac.  However, I just went on a trip to Yellowstone, and during the trip I used Nikon transfer to download my D800 raw files to my Macbook Air, I was and am able to see the downloaded pictures via Nikon View, however, now I am back home, I found I can not open any of the raw files with CS5, it would show: "Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw".   However, I have no problem opening older raw files from the D800.  Please help!

By the way, I can view the new trip pictures perfectly with View NX on my iMac too.  Just that I could not open them with CS5.

I think ACR is now up to 7.2.  ACR 7 is needed to open d800 raw files.  I think I read somewhere that ACR 7.xx does not work in CS5 - you have to get CS6.

Please check thse facts, snce they could have changed since I read them.

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/bertramm pbase & dpreview supporter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow