Image of dust/oil on my new D600 sensor. Is this acceptable?

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Wesbs
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Re: Image of dust/oil on my new D600 sensor. Is this acceptable?
In reply to larrywilson, Oct 10, 2012

I suppose that is where we differ, I would agree with you if I had the camera for some period of time, I have not had it for a long time, it is brand new, the first image I posted is from the first day I shot with the camera and the spots (again not sure they are dust) were visible at almost all fstops.

At f22 the spots look like something from a nightmare.  So if I understand you correctly you are ok shelling out 2k for a new camera, barely using it, and only barely exposing the sensor for a few seconds in an indoor clean room to put a lens on it and having it be inundated with spots??

I think it makes sense to exchange, especially since other users are saying they don't have issues with spots, does it not make sense to try and move from this camera to another?  It is possible I just got a bad one, no?  Also the battery door seems to have malfunctioned a bit as well.

I will say, that other than the spots, I love the camera, and aside from the spots I find the image quality pretty incredible.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow