Any way to set 'Flat View' as personal default?

Started Jul 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
sherwoodpete
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,761
Like?
Re: Any way to set 'Flat View' as personal default?
In reply to JulesJ, Oct 10, 2012

JulesJ wrote:

sherwoodpete wrote:

MRM4350 wrote:

I have not been able to find a setting to do that.

There isn't currently a setting, though I vaguely seem to recall it was on the development to-do list, so might appear at some stage in the future (maybe 5 or 6 years from now?).

If you view a thread in flat, then all future threads will be in flat except when you use a link in a post to go to another thread. (I think you know this)
--
Michael
http://www.flickr.com/photos/c36sailor/

Hey Pete. slightly different question, but how do you put a comment in the middle of someone's dialogue and then get it to continue in their same colour after what you have written like you have doe above?

Like this?

It used to be possible by starting the bit after with a greater than sign (>) but I can't get it to work any more like that. How did you do it?

I'm not sure how I did it. Just now it was a weird sequence of keystrokes, something like this (first position the cursor in the text):

• return
  • control-z
  • return

You may have to experiment a bit.  I also tried backspace, and cursor arrow keys, but I think that did the trick for me.

Regards,
Peter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow