5D MKII or MKIII

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Questions thread
dnral
Regular MemberPosts: 218Gear list
Like?
Re: 5D MKII or MKIII
In reply to Knipser63, Oct 10, 2012

I saw a 5DII on Craig's list for $1,300. Beach Camera had the 5DII kit with the Pixma printer for $2,200 after rebate and I bought one for a second camera to my 5DIII.

If you wait too long, the new production 5DII will be gone but you should be able to find a used one fairly cheap in the future, especially when the 6D is available.

Both cameras take great photos.  I saw a big screen movie that was filmed with the 5DII and I would never have known unless I had heard about it in the news prior to seeing it.  Great quality.

Cameras are pretty much at their peak with very marginal increases in photo quality (emphasis added as to printed output) for their much added prices (or not so much considering inflation).

Only your ego will tell you that the 5DII is an inferior camera.  There may be some justification for spending $1,500 more on a 5DIII, but the 5DII photo is as good as it needs to be for 99% of photographers when it comes to photo quality as a whole.

David

dnral's gear list:dnral's gear list
Canon PowerShot D20 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow