Sigma Software

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
glacierpete
Senior MemberPosts: 1,917
Like?
Re: Sigma Software
In reply to xpatUSA, Oct 10, 2012

xpatUSA wrote:

Versions 2, 3, 4, & 5 on Windows XP, Service Pack 3, three different PC's.

SD9 and SD10 files.

In two years, not one crash in any version. Fast, excellent RAW conversion quality. Viva SPP!!

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,
Ted.

It never crashed for me on Windows.

I only use raw. I think the current version has a severe problem with white balance. The raw converter has a tendency to produce cyan skys.  It is hard to correct with this little color wheel. Others have mentioned that too.

The raw file has a lot more information in it, than the software pulls out. Sometimes one part of the image is over or under exposed. It is not a problem of dynamic range the sensor caches, because the raw file contains enough data to correct the over or under exposed part in the image with the sliders. But then the other part of the image gets too dark or to light.

Solution is to produce multiple tifs in a +3 -3 EV range and run them through photomatix.

But this should not be necessary in the first place.

The sensor/lens combination is phenomenal and the ergonomics of the camera are fine too. I rarely have to go into the menue. The lens is as good as it gets. The camera is not heavy at all. I use a collapsible rubber hood from B+W. Works fine and keeps the camera small.

I wish Capture One Pro would support the dp2m in the future. This is the best raw converter IMHO. But Phase One and Adobe (for LR/PS) need some incentive to invest resources into non bayer technology.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow