Why does the screen, in low light doesn't show the focusing point but a great square?

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Will1
Forum MemberPosts: 88
Like?
Re: Why does the screen, in low light doesn't show the focusing point but a great square?
In reply to Patrizia, Oct 10, 2012

Patrizia wrote:

Will1 wrote:

Blurred images, etc., have obvious answers.  Learn to shoot it or keep it on Auto for a while -- Auto is actually distressingly excellent at guessing what and how I'm trying to shoot.

I must say  I kept it in Auto, but then I switched to another mode and some  results  were not good. Any way I may try for a while (Amazon gives me the opportunity to give  the camera back even after a month). Thanks

Auto is showing you that there's nothing wrong with the camera.  All you need to do is learn the camera and all that takes is a lot of practice.  There are a thousand combinations of settings which, if not used correctly, will always lead to poor results so I was serious when I suggested getting a book (the manual ain't gonna do it 'cause it's unreadable.)  The camera is a complex and sophisticated piece of equipment that will do ANYTHING very well.  But I'm also VERY serious about using Auto when you need to -- remove the frustration and have fun.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow