Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
V1V1D
Contributing MemberPosts: 655Gear list
Like?
Re: Hands-On Sony NEX-6 & 16-50mm OSS images & other E-Mount Lens
In reply to webgeek, Oct 9, 2012

webgeek wrote:

Robert Garcia NYC wrote:

your killing me and gonna make me buy one, maybe. I'm concerned with performance (writing to card), shot to shot times and focus locking in darker environments. Can you tell me anything about that?

Hi Robert;

Most of the shot are in a very dark temple as you can see. The AF in these dark environment is not easy and the NEX-6 and NEX-7 does a great job, as well as my Canon 5D Mark II. So I have no problem with focus locking in dark environment. Actually the AF assist lamps are wonderful, I think it helps a lot in this situation too. Writing to card is a bit slow on my Transcend, but when I use my SanDisk Extreme Pro 95mbs / 45mbs it seems very quick and I actually test the 10 fps shoot mode and it worked. So I suggest buy the best and fast SD cards and you will enjoy the camera.

When you locked focus in that dark place did it give the larger green square focus lock or the smaller normal size? I wasn't sure if these new NEX's had the ability to lock an a certain object in near dark conditions?

V1V1D's gear list:V1V1D's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow