Is the 5D11 at least as good or slightly better than the original 5D?

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eric Hoffman
Regular MemberPosts: 278
Like?
Is the 5D11 at least as good or slightly better than the original 5D?
Oct 9, 2012

I have read dozens of threads comparing the 5D11 to the 5D111 but my question goes the other way, comparing the 5D11 to the 5D.

Specifically, is the auto focus (center point only) and high ISO performance at least as good? And when I say high ISO I mean no more than 3200.

I have been using the original for the past six years, and after two new shutters and one new mirror box over the years the shutter has gone again this past week. I typically shoot approximately 75,000 shots per year. The cost of having yet another shutter put in will be close to half the price of it's resale value so I've decided to upgrade to the 5D11. The price of the 5D11 is now at $1,799.00 which pushed me in the direction I am going.

The 5D111 is out of the question due to finances at this time.

I really just want to know that the 5D11 will be as good or better in focus and noise issues.

So anyone who owns, or has used both extensively, please respond with your opinion.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow