I just bought a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 lens and there is a big spec of dust inside do I return this ?

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DSLRShutterBug
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
I just bought a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 lens and there is a big spec of dust inside do I return this ?
Oct 9, 2012

See the pictures of the lens here:
I just bought a spankin Brand New Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 lens and there is a big spec of dust inside the space of the first front lens element (or apparently big because of the magnification of the lens). Mind you I'm very a***l about my lenses being perfect; I just returned a sigma 70-200mm back to amazon so I could get the more ridiculously expensive Nikkor lens. I'm trying not to lose my mind here over small things.....Would it just fall out eventually (I'm only assuming dust goes in and out of the lens with regular use)? does it really matter ? Do you think this would become an issue in the long term, should I return it to Amazon or have it serviced by Nikon in the future? I'm very disappointed in Nikon...(Is it that they dont care about being stringent or is it too trivial of a thing?) http://www.anthonymickealphotography.com/nikon-af-s-70-200mm-f28-vrii.html
I wonder why things like this drive me mad.....
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow