G1X - Vibrant Colors & Hues over two Seasons (PICS)

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,062Gear list
Like?
G1X - Vibrant Colors & Hues over two Seasons (PICS)
Oct 9, 2012

I was sorting through my Gallery of Canon PowerShot G1 X images this evening to cull out some of the photographs when I was surprised at just how colorful some of the scenes and subjects were.  The first pictures I took with the camera were a little dull and perhaps not terribly color saturated ... which is the reason why I altered 'my color' setting to move color saturation up to +2 (maximum).  There a few older shots in here that I've posted before but there's also a couple of new ones too. Some of the tiny subjects like the spider need to be enlarged to see his eyes and other details but it's easier to appreciate the color pallet with them reduced like this. (click on them if you want to view them in detail).

Whilst the colors may in some instances have been bumped up slightly during post-processing, the camera deserves the credit for doing the work in capturing the images, not so much any editing software.  These were shot in JPEG and the wide shots were in P-Mode and the closeup shots were taken with Tv-Mode to control shutter speed.  A Circular Polarizer was used for the beach shot with the turquoise water.   I selected these images not for the subjects captured or the scenes but for the colors they exhibited. I also noticed that I've been either shooting wide (28mm) or shooting Macros with maximum zoom (and the occasional Closeup Filter attached to the lens via the filter adapter).   I'd have added more but there's a limit of 10 images for most threads.

• I'd love to see other people's color themed images from this camera if anyone would care to post them. Anything with bold color or strong hues involved would be interesting to see. 

It's been an enjoyable camera to use and I think I've probably taken for granted how lovely some of the shots from this camera have turned out.

-- hide signature --
 Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M +6 more
Canon PowerShot G1 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow