Sony A99 vs Nikon D600 First high iso comparison

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Maxeyesore
Regular MemberPosts: 415Gear list
Like?
Re: The Sony A99 is a great camera BUT the output of the D600 at high ISO is much better.
In reply to goetz48, Oct 9, 2012

goetz48 wrote:

I think that SLT is a development for high speed shooting with continuous AF. But for normal still shooting we will get on sensor PDAF in short time, or even CDAF is possible (see NEX cams).  Not everyone needs a machine gun. Then you can get away the SLT mirror and shoot without light loss.

But anyway, EVF will come. And my brain is dreaming of a hybrid PD/CD autofocus system.

The problem is the a77 was supposed to be superior with tracking/C-AF, until the D7k bested it even though it has a flappy mirror. Now sony is trying a double dipped AF system that only works with 2.5 lenses...

There is such thing as trying too hard, and some things just are not worth the effort. If I wanted to spend 5 grand on camera (not really $2800 if you gotta buy new sony made lenses), I would just go another $1000 and pick up the D4 (that's a real AF system).

-- hide signature --

To see is to believe...PENTAX

Maxeyesore's gear list:Maxeyesore's gear list
Sony SLT-A33 Pentax K-5 IIs
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
typoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow