Moray Nairn
Regular MemberPosts: 149
Like?
Studio synch speed weirdness - Nikon D7000
Oct 9, 2012

Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5D, 1/250s f/11 ISO 100, AF-S

Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5D, 1/250s f/11 ISO 100, AF-S

Hi all

Posted this on the Nikon forum to no avail so far, so apologies for cross-posting here, though it's probably more relevant. OK, so I've just upgraded from D70s to D7000 and have a heap of complexity, extra options and more practice to do.... I've been reading up about the focus issues, and I'll need to get my head around that separately, but I was in the studio this weekend, shooting with my usual settings and was expecting some rustiness and general slowness as I got used to the menus. I wasn't expecting strobe synch speed problems.

So I'm shooting at 1/250s f/11 ISO 100, AF-S, Preset WB. With the D70s I always shot at 1/250 and never had any shutter drag issues. During this session there were one or two occasions where the wireless trigger failed to activate the strobes, but I put this down to the battery in the transmitter or receiver being patchy, and just deleted the black frames in camera. I also got a few of these weird frames where the shutter wasn't moving across the frame quickly enough.

Anyone have any thoughts? As this is a brand new camera, I had a lurking doubt at the back of my mind that it could be a hardware problem, but wasn't going to jump to conclusions. Thanks for your feedback.

Moray

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/moray

www.flickr.com/moray

Nikon D7000 Nikon D70s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow