Sigma Software

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kriekira
Senior MemberPosts: 2,225Gear list
Like?
Re: Judging Sigma Photo Pro...
In reply to Robert F. Tobler, Oct 9, 2012

Robert -- well said   .

I will add to the thread that in scores of hours of use, SPP has crashed (5.3.2 on a Mac 10.8.2) once.

I find SPP very frustrating to use -- I simply have not learned how, or it's impossible to -- control both luminance values and hues and saturation -- but it is not prone to crashes.  It is, imho, one of most poorly presented and difficult to use well applications I have ever spent time with.  The DP2M is like a Porsche Boxter -- a fantastic, niche product -- but using SPP is like having a dashboard in which most but not all the controls have been cross-wired.  The result isn't that SPP crashes -- it's that every time I try to drive the files in one particular direction, I crash them.

It's not that I find SPP limiting -- we know that it is -- it's that I've yet to master the clod-strewn interface or to understand the relationship between the tools it provides and what those tools do at the pixel level to Hue, Saturation, and Luminance.

-- hide signature --

-- Kirby Krieger.

Kriekira's gear list:Kriekira's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1R Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow