Hands-On Sony NEX-6 & 16-50mm OSS images & other E-Mount Lens

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
clail
Contributing MemberPosts: 547Gear list
Like?
Re: Hands-On Sony NEX-6 & 16-50mm OSS images & other E-Mount Lens
In reply to teaberry, Oct 9, 2012

Strange, I didn't see the square boxes when I was playing with it at the photo fair here. Don't think they turned it off as the 1650 didn't hunt for focus unlike my 5 with the kit lens. Focus was perceptibly faster as it seems to know where to focus. When I movethe cam to focus on the table 1 ft away and the focus on the dark ceiling 30ft away and it never hunted. The ceiling was bare cement with lights reflected only from the floor. I know my Nex 5 hunts in such situations so I never counter check if the PDAF was on. I KNEW it had to be on. No way my 5 would know where to focus so quickly.  But I didn't see the distracting boxes. Perhaps it can be turned off with the DISP button. TestEd on both cams on display and focusing on the 6 was pretty fast. No swinging back and forth. Firmware version 1.00 and 0.99

clail's gear list:clail's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow