Hands-On Sony NEX-6 & 16-50mm OSS images & other E-Mount Lens

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,438
Like?
re: is there a way to disable HDAF on the N6 ???
In reply to webgeek, Oct 9, 2012

webgeek wrote:

V1V1D wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

webgeek wrote:

I did not test the Hybrid AF, so sorry on that.

how did you disable it, so all shots were done without PDAF?? And while speaking of HDAF - how was it possible that you were able to curb your curiosity of the one [if not the most] of potentially strongest selling fortes of the N6??? ,

jpr2

+1. That, and does it give you that big green box in darker environments? My wife decided against the A77 in favor of this camera but those are pretty important factors I think everyone would like to know. Please advise if possible.

Yes, you can turn OFF the Phase Detect Auto Focus. It is in the menu. I actually turn it off, because I wanted to compare against my NEX-7. When you turn it on, there are many green square boxes overlay with the traditional Contrast Detect AF, so I did not like it. I turn it off.

do I understand correctly that it is not possible on the N6 to have simultaneously:

• the HDAF turned ON and,
  • yet enjoying a clean, uncluttered VF with only ​one​ PDAF point of choice highlighting a selected PD focusing spot?

the 99 PDAF points grid of the N6

if so then it seems S. has yet another FW "war" germinating from their corporate hands,

jpr2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow