Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
abluesky
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
Thank you
Oct 9, 2012

I understand the attachment to a brand, and the frustration when that brand falls behind the technological curve.

However, I would like to say something about why I purchased a GRDIV.

Because my decision wasn't really based on technology.  Otherwise, I would have spent the extra money and bought the Fuji X100.

I based my decision primarily on three factors: 1) the absolutely passion photographers have for the Ricoh GRD (and GXR); 2) the inspirational photographs I saw taken with the camera; and 3) my father's GRDIII, which, when held in my hand created the feeling of something special.

I too wish for better low light performance, shallower depth of field, the best sensors, etc.

I am going to squeeze every last bit of talent I have out of my GRDIV.  I'm going to use the camera until my talent renders the camera "obsolete", not the trends of technology.

So, thank you to those members of this forum whose work helped inspire me to take on photography and open my heart and mind (and eyes) to a whole new world around me.  A world I couldn't see before.

Stay quite. Take pictures.  Create art.

abluesky's gear list:abluesky's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-01
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow