EXIF viewer for RAw files in Windows Explorer

Started Oct 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
LarsPolarBear
Regular MemberPosts: 142Gear list
Like?
Re: EXIF viewer for RAw files in Windows Explorer
In reply to Athegn, Oct 9, 2012

Not quite sure if I understood your problem...

However, if you right click on a picture and choose "properties" and then "details" you will have everything.  You can also, when in "detail view" of windows right click in the window where "name" etc. is listed - just above  the picture information - there you can choose many of the picture data so that it will show within the window without any further clicking. You can also sort by it which is sometime nifty.

However, if you have problems viewing your RAW pics in Windows 7 (64 bit) you need extra software.  Either you use Windows Live Photo Gallery (and download the Raw Codecs), which I think is a nuisance, since it tries to take over your image management.  It searches for all pictures it can find on your computer or network ...  clogs your computer for hours or days...

Alternative is the above mentioned FastPictureViewer Codec Pack, but that one costs money. However, it claims, that it has more RAW codes than any other viewer - I am using it for a Canon G1X, so a fairly new camera model and it works very well. Btw, you don't need the FastPictureViewer Professional, it can do more, but it costs more as well...

Hope that somehow answers your question...

LarsPolarBear's gear list:LarsPolarBear's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow