SX50 HS Sample Photos

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,135Gear list
Like?
I would not use this samples as being representative of the SX-50
In reply to hannenberg, Oct 9, 2012

First of all....

Anyone in the know would look at these photos - particularly taken in dark cloudy, rainy weather - and realize that no camera would have excelled under these conditions.  Bright grayish skies have long resulted in underexposed photos and that's just a fact of life.

Also, just how much quality information do you expect these tiny pin-head sensors to obtain - even in the worst conditions?  Many seem to forget that the time-proven design of larger sensors = larger pixel sizes, really makes a difference here.  Somehow, many assume (demand) that these tiny sensors match the finest enthusiast models (and some DSLR's even) in IQ performance - NOT!

Nope - I look at these types of cameras as great platforms for better weather scenarios and I never expect that ISO 1600 will be handled in a superb matter with these tiny sensors.

C'mon gang....put this camera (and others like it) in perspective to their limitations - and then use the camera(s) to their advantage.

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Sincerely,
Ben Herrmann
North Carolina

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 Canon PowerShot G12 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow