Started Oct 9, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jrs22
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Is the RX100 Really Fragile?
Oct 9, 2012

My RX100 arrived yesterday weeks before I expected it (Sony rewards shipping can be slow) so now I need to make a quick decision about a case.  I kept my previous camera, a canon s90, in the Olympus soft case, which doesn't 'snap' closed on the Sony.   I usually traveled with my s90, in its case, in my bag with wallet, keys, iPod, etc, figuring that the case cushioned the lens assembly, etc.  then when  I was walking about indoors or outdoors ready to shoot, I would take the camera out and wear it on a  cross-body sling strap.  I felt that so long as I didn't drop the camera or bang it hard against something a hard surface the camera was safe.

I feel as if there are a lot of threads here about  a sense of fragility about the camera and lens assembly and I'm wondering if when the camera is in my bag I need to protect it with a more solid case like the Sony 'leather' case. It would still be small enough to fit in a bag.  Any opinions from RX100 owners?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot S90 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow