Sigma Software

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Joerg V
Contributing MemberPosts: 577Gear list
Like?
SPP isn't bad at all!
In reply to rattymouse, Oct 9, 2012

It's a raw developer and while it lacks the sophisticated features of other tools it covers the important 80% of what's necessary. If you want further image processing, export in TIFF and be happy. I encountered like one or two SPP crashes in all the years I have been using it (and they can both be attributed to broken X3Fs).

Some of the problems can be attributed to the user (or even Windows). I ran into a Windows issue that makes SPP crawl just a week ago. (The windows calibration makes SPP slow slow slow.)

I will switch the system (probably to Nikon) and thus took a first look at RawTherapee. Jeez! That's a cluttered interface! RawTherapee can probably populate the images with ponies and rainbows and also add a Matrix look to the walls just by hitting the right button (in the right tab in the right window) but for a beginner (like me), RT is nothing short of scary. I'll probably love it in a year or so but given the choice I would prefer the simple (yet effective) approach of SPP over RT without a second thought.

Joerg

Joerg V's gear list:Joerg V's gear list
Sigma DP1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow