JLK
JLK
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,346
Like?
Re: Sigma Software
In reply to rattymouse, Oct 9, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

PrebenR wrote:

SPP is fine. Of course it could be better. It is a RAW ​converter​ not a full fledge photo editing tool. It does the job of converting X3F files far better than any other software out there.

However, many people are so devoted to their software that they have problems using a RAW ​converter​ before doing more editing.

-- hide signature --

AF takes away the Zen in photography

A program that crashes 80% of the time it is used is NOT fine in my book.

Does the program crash 80% of the time for you? If so, contact Sigma directly and offer them the crash logs for the program (or you can post the info here, or you can send me an email and I'll forward it). I use the Mac version, and 5.3.2 hasn't crashed for me yet. I am careful not to throw too many photos into one directory (less than 100), and Sigma Photo Pro doesn't like click-happy behavior while it's doing stuff like loading.

The software clearly needs a better (more distinct) UI than it's 50 shades of grey; it could be faster, and it could use different controls for color temperature and color balance. But on the whole, it's been one of the better company-supplied software packages out there. It would certainly be great to have Adobe and Apple support the X3F files in their current flavors of software: write them and ask for it.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow