My Super Computer for D800e is complete :-)

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
voider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,721Gear list
Like?
Very fast :-) Re: How fast is applying a PS filter to a 36MP full size JPEG?
In reply to Jan_Shim, Oct 9, 2012

Hi Jim,

applying filters in the preview mode is instant. After hitting ok I have to wait a couple of secounds but definitly under 7 seconds.

Cheers,

Timur

Jan_Shim wrote:

Hi there!

Do you happen to use Nik plug-ins with your Photoshop CS? I'm presently editing my 5D Mark II files on a slow Core2Duo 2.4GHz laptop and it's a struggle. I'm after some numbers I haven't been able to get and seeing that your image is much bigger I thought it would give me a good idea just how fast your set up is when it comes to crunching full sized JPEG.

I use Corel Paintshop Pro not Photoshop so there's a chance PSP isn't optimised for speed like Photoshop is. Opening the image alone takes 5 seconds, clicking on Nik's Viveza 2 filter takes another 7 seconds before the image is fully displayed on the screen ready for selective editing) and apply adjustments made to the image takes another 15 seconds — this is ridiculous when I have to rush deadlines.

I also use my 17" Dell Studio a lot for tethered shooting and have thought about getting a faster laptop but there is no laptop in the world that can beat the performance of a desktop.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Visit www.voider.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow