Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ed Rizk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,398
Like?
Best Emount Lens for Sweep Panorama?
Oct 9, 2012

I upgraded to a Canon 60D from a Sony P&S (HX1) about a year and a half ago. I like the better IQ provided by a bigger sensor, but I really miss the sweep panorama on my Sony.  I thought of getting an older NEX with a 16mm just for the sweep panorama.

As I looked at more pics from the NEX system, I began to think that I would switch to the NEX system if they had a good UWA zoom (possible the most important tool in marketing real estate).  They are about to have a UWA zoom.  We will see if it is any good.  It does not have the zoom range of my Canon 10-22, but it is very small and light.  If the IQ is good enough, I could live without the long end of the zoom.

The 16mm had mixed reviews, but the consensus seems to be that the newer ones are pretty good.  Still, the length and speed of the lens, and the fact that it is a prime with potentially less distortion, may make it superior to the better zoom for the panorama.  Of course, 16mm may not be the best length for the sweep panorama.

Does anyone use the sweep panorama extensively and have an opinion on the best focal length or lens for its use?

-- hide signature --

Ed Rizk

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow