How well do the best Pentax lenses for DSLR rate compared to those from Nikon or Canon?

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kendrab
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
How well do the best Pentax lenses for DSLR rate compared to those from Nikon or Canon?
Oct 9, 2012

I need to upgrade my camera and lens system. I am going to get rid of my Olympus E-510, and upgrade to something like a Pentax K-5 II, Nikon 7000, or Canon 7D. From what I have heard about the Pentax K-5, I think I like it best, but am unsure how well the Pentax lenses compare to the Nikon or Canon lenses.

Budget constraints prevent me from going to a full frame sensor camera, but I can build a pretty decent ASP-C based camera system over time.

I am willing to slowly build up a set of premium prime lenses, but will start with a normal range zoom lens for its versatility. Whose lenses stand up the best, and which manufacturer offers the best performance for the money?

Kendra

Canon EOS 7D Nikon D7000 Olympus E-5 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow