Has anyone used Cokin ND filters with Pentax DSLRs?

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jok1000
Regular MemberPosts: 192
Like?
Has anyone used Cokin ND filters with Pentax DSLRs?
Oct 9, 2012

Hi all,

I was interested in the Cokin holder and slip-in filters, but have seem many reports of a colour cast when using the Cokin brand ND filters. Supposedly the issue is not so much a cast in the filter, but that these filters do not filter IR light. This builds up on the sensor, giving a cast in the final image, particularly with long exposures. It appears that the cast is not uniform over the image, so applying a colour balance in PP is not always effective. Reports indicate that some cameras are affected more than others, but I have not seen any comments from Pentax users, so I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with this. I guess this is really a case of how strong are the IR filters used by Pentax. I would be using them on a K-r, so I'd prefer comments regarding this camera, but if you have any info to add, I would be most grateful. The other option is Lee filters, for example, but they are -- shall we say -- expensive!

-- hide signature --

Regards, Jeff.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow