Started Oct 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MMS Photo
Contributing MemberPosts: 669Gear list
Like?
My Amazon.com P7700 Review
Oct 8, 2012

It was easy to call this camera "The Best Small Camera I Have Owned ; it is.
Here's my Amazon.com review:

I have owned and enjoyed the Nikon CoolPix P7100, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5W (and briefly, the LX7K; it had a de-centered lens so I sent it back for a refund).
But this Nikon is something special.
The 28-200 lens is faster than its predecessor and it seems to me that it is sharper as well. AF is somewhat faster and more reliable, too. The flip'n'twist 3.0 inch LCD to me is an upgrade and is a tad larger than the Canon G-12's 2.7 inch display, and it deploys with a little stiffer motion than the Canon. I thought I would miss the OVF but even in bright sun, the LCD is perfectly adequate.
Raw files are much larger than the P7100's NRW files, so consider a faster, higher-capacity SD card to go with your new P7700.
What will really strike you, though, are two things:
1) the images are so much cleaner, less grainy and sharper than the P7100. Full zoom at 200mm effective still renders images that are sharp and contrasty.
2) the feel of the camera is much more solid, substantial and "pro-like".
This is a beautiful, must-have update on a camera that I really enjoyed before.
In essence, the Nikon CoolPix P7700 is a solidly built, impressive camera that you will come to rely on, appreciate and carry anywhere.
Just so you know, I did not buy the Nikon CoolPix P7700 from Amazon.com, so I did not experience any registration issues, though this has been resolved and buyers should have no registration concerns.

-- hide signature --

Michael
Michael M. Shaw | Photography http://mmshaw.zenfolio.com/

MMS Photo's gear list:MMS Photo's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +4 more
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow