Started Oct 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ednaz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,347
Like?
Sensor resolution versus eyes resolution, D800e
Oct 8, 2012

Was working on a set of dahlia images and after shooting, I sat down to sort and edit, and had a little surprise.  First, there were a couple of spider web strands that I never saw in the shoot, but when I put them on screen, pow, there they were.  Then there was the spider himself.  He popped up here and there throughout the hour-long session. A number of the images I was shooting were stitches - an interior designer wanted wallpaper size prints, so I was shooting 6 to 8 images with the D800e to cover the subject and stitching them together.  The little spider screwed up quite a number of them, appearing here and there, different place ever few minutes. I'll be cloning him out, although not before giving him a print for his family and friends.

The D800e out-resolves even my over-corrected lasered eyes.  I'm now looking at tethered shooting for studio work, so I don't have similar surprises.

Here's the image capture... you can see the threads of spider silk upper left on the image.  Didn't show even on screen until I did a small contrast adjustment.

And a closeup showing the little ham of a spider.

And then later on...

He's in a much more picturesque location...

Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow