Does anyone else think the RX100 is overpriced at 650 USD?

Started Oct 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
irportal
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Re: Does anyone else think the RX100 is overpriced at 650 USD?
In reply to Skuto, Oct 8, 2012

The size of the camera is what makes the difference, but yes, if priced at under $600, it would be more "reasonably" priced. The only competition to this camera is really the Canon S110. Other cameras that are pocketable and have a 1/1.8 sensor or better are the competition and there is none.

To this day, there is no other camera out there that has such a big sensor in such a small body. The advantages of this are astounding. Even the JPG engine is fairly good for taking it to weddings or parties. I just used it at a wedding, and I am very impressed with the photos.One of my friends commented that what he was looking for was a camera that is really fast at taking pictures and processing them. The RX100 has a really fast chip in it, that is one huge advantage over many other cameras in the <$400 price range.

Because of the sensor size and the 20MP, this camera a better than 100mm lens when you start cropping. I can easily do a 200% plus magnification and have a very useful photo with a lot of details. Not every $400 camera can crop even 100%. The Sony HX20V, Canon SX260 (kinda can) and Nikon 9300 can't, but those have a 1/2.3 sensor.  And those are all $350-$400 cameras. (when released)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow