Landscape photography: Fuji X-E or Sony Nex?

Started Oct 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
EasyClick
Regular MemberPosts: 135
Like?
Re: Landscape photography: Fuji X-E or Sony Nex?
In reply to Emacs23, Oct 8, 2012

NEX 7 for resolution (with a good lens!) but Fuji for color rendition.

I tested both my NEX-5n and X-Pro1. I would say resolution is about the same (5n vs x-pro1) but the lens of the fuji trounces Sony lens. So I'm guessing you would get more resolution on nex7 but be prepared to use a good lens or the resolution becomes useless. I think someone mentioned using Leica lens on the NEX 7 or you're not taking full advantage of the resolution.

There is a little bit of 'watercolor' effect on foliage with Fuji but it doesn't bother me all that much. After that, both camera handling is something different. Personally I prefer how the Fuji X cameras feel in my hands than the unbalanced NEX (You ever seen that 18-200mm lens on a NEX???). It comes down to money as well, you can't beat less than 500£ nex kit set against +1000£ kit of Fuji X.

-- hide signature --

'I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!' http://www.flickr.com/photos/khays/sets/72157618985445243/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow