ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neilm16
Regular MemberPosts: 354
Like?
LX7 versus GF Series
Oct 8, 2012

Hi all,

I have recently sold my GF2 as I am looking for a more all round camera that is pocketable and easy to use.Not that the GF2 was difficult just that I seem to have the 14mm pancake attached most of the time which was great until you need a decent zoom.

I still have my G2 as I love the EVF and IQ and its much easier to balance with the larger lenses like the 45-200mm.

I have been thinking about opting for the TZ30 / ZS20 but have reservations over the drop in IQ and I am now seriously looking at the LX7 as based on recent reviews it appears that the IQ wont be that different to the GF2 especially given the excellent 1.4f lens that the LX7 offers?

However as ever it is much easier to ask for opinions on here as many will have tried many if not all of these cameras and hopefully you can offer some guidance.

The LX7 seems to only have one negative when compared to the TZ30 / ZS20 and that is the lack of range with the zoom but my concern is that the zoom would be pretty useless especially indoors for school plays / performances as the shutter speed would be slow and the ISO would need to be ramped up to cope with the lack of good light?! Whereas the LX7 may only offer a 4 x zoom but at 2.3 the images should be very good? If this thinking is incorrect then please feel free to correct it.

Many thanks

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 (Lumix DMC-TZ30)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow