Started Oct 8, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davidge
Forum MemberPosts: 92Gear list
Like?
XZ-1: Bettery life when using a VF-2
Oct 8, 2012

I came across the thread below where a response from Olympus stated that using the VF-2 actually improves the battery life.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/39227500

To quote from the Olympus response given in the thread:

"Although the VF-2 has a greater resolution than the 3.0" OLED display on the XZ-1 digital camera, most of the power consumption is attributed to the backlight. Since the VF-2 is physically smaller than the OLED display, the VF-2 will consume less battery power. Regrettably, I do not have exact figures to offer as far as how much longer the battery will last, but using the VF-2 will imrprove battery life."

Before I switch to an XZ-1+VF-2 from my LX-3 has anyone any real world experience of whether this is the case or not?

I ask because I am often away for up to 3 weeks cycling or backpacking have no chance of recharging my camera so am concerned about how many batteries I may actually need to carry. (Typically I'll take 1000-ish shots over the 3 weeks and my LX-3 can comfortably do this on 2-3 batteries).

davidge's gear list:davidge's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
ANSWER:
Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow