Dust On Sensor, Behind Glass

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Elandreth
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Re: Dust On Sensor, Behind Glass
In reply to Elandreth, Oct 8, 2012

To complete the story, in case others are wondering about Sony's service:

I took my camera to a local shop and they verified that the dust was inaccessible and the camera needed servicing.   I contacted Sony and got a work order number and shipping information, and sent my camera off to their repair center in Texas.  It was a pretty easy process, though I had to pay for shipping (plus insurance).  After the camera reached Laredo, I received a follow-up phone call from the same customer service rep I initially spoke to, as well as an email.  I then received further emails when the service was completed, when the camera was in route back home, and when it arrived here.  Everything ended up being free and covered under warranty, though I didn't receive my original camera back... they sent me a new one.  This 5n has the latest firmware and no clicking during video (I previously sent my old one in to rid it of the clicking sound).

So overall, my warranty service experience with Sony was pretty good.  I was expecting them to make claims that the problem was somehow my fault, and to charge me for the service, but none of that happened and it was all quick and easy.

Elandreth's gear list:Elandreth's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Phase One Capture One Pro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow