A99 field report on LL!

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
clignus
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 field report on LL!
In reply to phiri, Oct 8, 2012

Phiri wrote:

"All this EVF/OVF debate is kind of useless. There is no one group that is right or wrong. It will come down to the pleasure of using it. If you enjoy a bright  OVF, then there is nothing wrong with that or if you really like the free personal assistant provided by the EVF, then there is nothing wrong with that."

This has been my feeling all along.  To some degree it is like arguing over which is better vanilla or chocolate ice cream.  I have never used the OVF of the a900 which seems to be the reference point for many posters but I used nothing but OVFs for many years.  After I read the LL article I thought maybe I am missing something since I really prefer the a77's EVF.  So I got my Maxxum 7000 and 7 out and compared their OVFs to my a77.   I personally just don't see any thing about their OVFs that would offset the benefits of focus peaking for me.

I read the LL article yesterday and thought about it for a while.  There is no way to know the author's motivations in putting so much emphasis on his feelings about the a99's EVF.  Maybe he came to that conclusion after using it or maybe he just used the opportunity to express his preconceived bias.  Is it an editorial disguised as a review?   Nevertheless, given the author's initial disclaimer as tho why he did not go into all the functionally of the a99 and, what to me are his patronizing comments about the NEX 7 and a77, I cannot help but wonder if his positive comments about the a99 were really included thinking they would give more credence to his editorializing about the a 99's EVF.

clignus's gear list:clignus's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 Sony SLT-A77
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow