Something wrong with my E-M5 ...

Started Oct 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
hellowin
Regular MemberPosts: 119Gear list
Like?
Re: Something wrong with my E-M5 ...
In reply to John Bean (UK), Oct 8, 2012

John Bean (UK) wrote:

One of the other links I read (can't find it, sorry) mentioned a specific "black frame" fault that sounded more similar to yours that degenerated from a few random black frames on startup into a completely stuck shutter. It finally stuck in the closed position so he even lost live view, but I have no idea whether this is typical. It was repaired under warranty of course.

In my case, live view worked properly after blank shots/black frames taken. I will continue practicing with it to see the what comes next.

Of the other reports of increasing underexposure with higher shutter speeds some were getting black frames as low as 1/1000s, often inconsistently. I think the varying symptoms probably relate to the same underlying shutter fault that will need addressing sooner or later.

I don't want to sound like some prophet of doom but "forewarned is forearmed" as the saying goes.

Thanx for the kind information John

-- hide signature --

John Bean [BST (GMT+1)]

-- hide signature --
 hellowin's gear list:hellowin's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow