I am very interested by the SX50 HS BUT THIS REVIEW STOP ME !

Started Oct 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 2,987Gear list
Like?
Re: I am very interested by the SX50 HS BUT THIS REVIEW STOP ME !
In reply to nosnoop, Oct 8, 2012

nosnoop wrote:

Lin Evans wrote:

I didn't "defend" Canon's decision. What I said was "Perhaps Canon knows best about what is and what is not possible with their sensors?" Unless you are a Canon engineer, I doubt you have more knowledge about their reasoning than they do. I don't pretend to know so I do not make assumptions which I haven't the technical insight to support.

But you are trying to speculate an explanation for Canon by comparing CMOS vs CCD; while another user, Dale, speculated that it was the "horrendous noise" that leads to Canon's decision....

No, you don't need to be an engineer to know that this is no engineering decision.

How much "engineering knowledge" & "technical insight" do one need to know that ISO 200 + shutter speed of >1 second - 30 seconds is "possible" with their sensor and would work just fine?

This is a marketing decision, pure and simple

By making a technical speculation on explaining Canon's arbitrary decision, and that we, as user, do not have the necessary engineering knowledge to question their decision, IMHO, you are, in a way, defending Canon's position at least from my point of view.

I'm sorry to break in on your discussion, but I'd like to remark only two things: the first is that that limitations is not a Canon "patent", because you have it also for Nikon (P510 - very frustrating), or Olympus SP-810UZ, the later with the mention it doesn't have A,T or M modes; the second is that the limitation is being a "new trend", older cameras don't have it, regardless of their sensor type and size...

Happy shooting everyone,

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Olympus SP-810 UZ Nikon Coolpix P510 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow