The sharpness of the Sony RX1 vs. DP2 M

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
d2f
d2f
Regular MemberPosts: 191Gear list
Like?
Re: The sharpness of the Sony RX1 vs. DP2 M
In reply to jwang88, Oct 8, 2012

To be honest I cannot judge the performance of the Sony against the Sigma based on some candid snapshots posted on the web.

For me personally I have a list of camera attributes that I use to evaluate a camera system to determine best fit for my needs.  Each attribute has an assigned weighting but that is used only to sort out the list of possible candidates.  Trade offs are common in any evaluation and most of the time the ideal choice is not within the selection group.

For example of factors used; being able to import the raw files into Lightroom is high on my list since that is a key part of my work flow.  Another example is low light focusing and IQ at high ISO, since I often shoot in low light levels with moving subjects, and overall sharpness is desired.  HD video capability is also on the list since once in a blue moon that is required.  Surprisingly cost is near the bottom of the list since having the right tools makes all the difference in those once in a lifetime shots.

d2f

d2f's gear list:d2f's gear list
Sony Alpha 7S Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow