Sony/Olympus offical press release from Sony

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,488Gear list
Like?
Re: 4/3 is much more likely to fade away
In reply to KM Legacy, Oct 8, 2012

KM Legacy wrote:

When I referred to 4/3, I meant all the flavors of 4/3, including Micro. Anyway, whatever happens to Oly & Pana, Sony has no reason to add Micro 4/3 to its lineup. It's too close to other sensor sizes which they already have (1", APS-C). Having too many models just confuses customers and complicates manufacturing, stocking, and marketing.

Oh I agree with both yourself and Ennemkay.

I don't  think anybody was suggesting the possibility of Sony doing m43. And it may be best to differentiate between 43 and m43 to save confusion.

I wonder, with the Sony-Olympus partnership, if a joint agreement might also be reached to cancel the NEX-competitor OMD line. This would allow Olympus to focus on developing their cheaper PEN line while Sony will have less competition for their burgeoning NEX high-end line. Sadly this might also permit prices to rise, in the long run.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow