fall, D300, and a new MAC

Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Maraya
Regular MemberPosts: 492
Like?
Re: fall, D300, and a new MAC
In reply to Firestorm2000, Oct 8, 2012

Firestorm2000 wrote:

From a UK perspective that Landsscape looks a bit parched!  I'm sure it will look better after some Snowfall.. However technically it looks fine!

You are quite right firestorm...it is a parched landscape.  At the moment there is a fireban in the total area of the eastern slopes of the Rocky Mountains all the way to the border with the US and most likely further south.  In our Autumn which it is now, we average 0.3 -1.8 inches of rain and 1.9 - 4.8inches of snowfall in September and October.  The wind blows quite often and can gust to 80 or 90 km/hour almost any month of the year winter or summer.  It is a continental climate/semi arid.  As the crow flies we are probably about 700 km from a significant body of water like the Pacific Ocean.

The afternoon of the day I took the picture the wind came up and gusted to 90=km/hr and whipped up a slow burning under control wild fire about 50 km north west of the location into a major fire in the space of a couple of hours.  There was thick smoke stretching over the area I had been in during the morning ...photography was definitely over for the day.

I think over all the average precip falls that falls for us is under 20in per year and most of that falls as snow...so Emerald Green we are not except maybe in parts of June our so called "monsoon month"

cheers Barb

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow