YN-560 first shots with NX-200. Kinda Blue.

Started Oct 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shademaster
Contributing MemberPosts: 517Gear list
Like?
YN-560 first shots with NX-200. Kinda Blue.
Oct 8, 2012

Hi all,

As there were some questions before about flashes, I thought I'd let everyone know that YN-560 works fine in S2 mode.  I use the NX-200's small included flash in Manual mode at S=180 with the flash at -2EV.  It still contributes noticeably to the exposure, but...  it's usually not so noticeable.  Haven't tried with my Velo "universal" cable (which can only fire the SEF-20a at full power), since I think I'll either trigger with the SEF-8a and dial down its EV (like in this shot) or get a cheap RF trigger.

The only model with enough patience for testing/debugging was Blue from Blue's clues... this shot was bare flash (no diffuser) on a light stand just outside the frame set on max zoom (105mm).  I think it was like 1/64 power or something.  If you look at her eyes, you can see that the SEF-8 was contributing.

shademaster's gear list:shademaster's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Samsung EX2F Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow